3.27.2013

Le Mis Backstage Edition: A Sneak Peak









Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days! I've been taking pictures for my documentary photography class at UVU. We have to work on our final project for the rest of the semester, which ends at the last week of April... bleh... but on the bright side, at least I won't procrastinate! So for my project I decided to document my sister's high school productions team preforming Le Mis. The cool thing about is I'm doing a "backstage edition!" Exciting eh?! The show ended last night and I came up with this idea on Monday morning... so I only got to take pictures backstage for two nights which isn't too great, but hey work with what you got right? So here you see some of the pictures I took the last two nights. I like them a lot, it's just the lighting was so dark backstage and in the tech booth, it was hard to get a good clean looking picture. So I had to bump up the ISO like crazy and keep the shutter speed super slow, which created blur and noise and made them annoying to edit. So all in all, they aren't my favorite pictures I've ever taken in my lifetime, but I'm pretty sure they will fit the bill for my class. Wish me luck! 

p.s. they are all in black and white partially because of the coloring I got from the lights and partially because I think it will look more cohesive for my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment