3.23.2013

Giving Away A Smile


Last night I was up with my mom coming up with some cute ideas to craft for Easter and throughout the year with the family. After we came up with some solid ideas, we decided to try a few out I went over to where we keep our paints in the craft room downstairs and saw some clipboards.
My sister, Krista, has been working hard in school and so I decided to make a clipboard for her to tell her I was proud of all the work she has been doing. So I was thinking of what to put on the clipboard, when a Disney movie came to mind. In my family everyone is a huge Disney nerd, so if I post a lot of Disney related things you now know why.
Anyway, you know at the end of Monsters Inc. when Sully has his clipboard, and on it he keeps the picture Boo made for him and the piece of her door? Everyone in the movie theater started crying because it's was so tender? Ring a bell? Well, that's what I decided to put on my her clipboard!
I gave it to her this morning and she absolutely loved it. I know it isn't perfect, with the awkward circle around the Monsters Inc. logo or the lines in the picture of Boo and Sully from the Mod-Podge being mean, but it's was special to her. And making someone else feel loved and making others smile is what I thrive on.

P.S. yes I did make all of it. I drew everything and painted/colored everything you see. I'm pretty proud of it, and in case you were wondering the tape is actually vellum that I mod-podged onto the clipboard. Pretty creative, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment